Generator Service Engineer
We are looking for a switched-on individual that has demonstrable experience in mobile service engineering, preferably in the generator hire sector. They will play an important role in building the service support function whilst contributing to the overall sales growth of the business. The ideal candidate will be competent in IT packages such as Microsoft Office. This role will entail:
o Carrying out planned maintenance and repairs as allocated
o Fault finding and rectifying, aiming to achieve first visit fixes wherever possible
o Ensuring that your supplied vehicle is always stocked with sufficient spare parts etc.
o Liaising with the office to arrange any outstanding spare parts required
o Compliance with supplied risk and method statements to ensure safe working practices
o Providing breakdown support as and when necessary
o Liaising with customers on site
If you wish to apply for this role, you must:
- Be able to demonstrate a strong electrical or mechanical aptitude
- Have previous experience in a service environment, ideally working on generators, although experience with other plant equipment would be considered
- Be able to compile reports and complete necessary paperwork / forms to a high standard, i.e. service sheets etc.
- Be organised and proactive
- Have held a clean UK driving licence for at least 1 year
- Have demonstrable communication skills and a confident manner
- Be organised & keen to provide excellent customer service
- Be positive & have a customer care focused attitude / outgoing personality. An enthusiastic, passionate and energetic approach will be a strong advantage
- Be reliable & trustworthy with great people skills
- Be computer literate (European Computer Driving Licence / Microsoft user level / Internet & Email)
- Have a smart, professional appearance
o A clean driving licence held for at least 1 year would be an advantage. We cannot put staff on our insurance to drive if they have more than 6 minor points on their licence, or if they have had a suspension from driving which has not expired at least 3 years ago. If you are 25 years or above, you must have held your driving licence for at least 1 year. If you are 23-24 years, you must have held your driving licence for at least 2 years.
Progression: We can offer you the opportunity to develop a long-term career with us and support to help you achieve this. Help us to grow the business and drive sales for the brand, and we will help you steer your career into the fast lane.
Training: Training and support will be provided as necessary to the right candidate
££ You will receive an attractive salary depending on experience and qualifications
Holidays: 20 days per annum plus bank holidays to be taken in lieu
Hours: 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
- Mobile Service Engineer experience, e.g. as part of a nationally recognised apprenticeship / NVQ in Electrical or Mechanical disciplines
You will be required to prove your right to work in the UK at the interview stage, by providing the relevant documents, such as ID, a UK Passport and National Insurance Number before any offer of employment can be made.
If you believe you have what it takes to become one of our success stories, then please apply today! To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com for the attention of Kerry Moggridge
Mechanical/ Electrical Foreman – London
Power Rental are undergoing an exciting period of growth & investment by the family owners of the business. An opportunity to join the new team has become available.
You will be required to carry out service, maintenance & repairs to our range of diesel powered generators & electrical ancillary equipment; maximising the availability & performance of rental assets
Good knowledge of diesel generators to diagnose & repair faults both mechanical & electrical
The role is depot and field based and expectation is that the individual will manage additional field engineers and spares stock system. Well organised, with self time management and supervision of others will be required.
An on call rota to support our customer service out of hours operates; a willingness to work outside of hours when required.
UK Valid driving licence required
Forklift Licence required as role involves loading/unloading equipment
Good Salary, Holiday Allowance
Ongoing Product learning & self development opportunities in a supportive workplace
Scope to lead into further management
Please e-mail us now firstname.lastname@example.org
Full job Description available here ____